Hi, my name’s Jonathon...
I’m an inclusive Psychotherapeutic Counsellor working online in Kent and across the UK and beyond. Face to face clients are welcomed from Faversham, Canterbury, Whitstable, Ashford, Sittingbourne and surrounding areas.
Clients are from diverse social backgrounds. They are 18+ through to senior generations and are welcomed from different heritage, races and cultures, sexualities and identities.
For the last three years my work has been at MIND, the UK’s number one mental health charity. Clients are now welcomed at my own private practice.
Fifty-minute sessions are at the same time on the same day each week. ONLINE sessions are usually through Skype, Zoom or WhatsApp.
Sessions are collaborative, totally confidential and follow the ethical framework laid out by the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
Working together is empathic, non-judgemental and based on trust. You, the client, are the focus and centre of our therapeutic relationship.
Some thoughts on why counselling helps us all
- it’s an emotional investment which can positively impact personal fulfilment
- with a trained professional you’re heard objectively, empathetically and non-judgementally
- through therapy you can learn to trust yourself, develop emotionally and grow stronger
Counselling is humanistic and integrates psychodynamic (looking to the past), person-centred and transactional theories and helps clients set their own achievable goals.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Central Awarding Body: Level 4 Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Skills
- The British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists: Certificate of Proficiency
- Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Central Awarding Body: Levels 2 and 3 Certificates in Counselling Skills
- Qualified and trainee therapist with MIND and Porchlight charities
- Place2Be foundation training in working with young people
- Registered member of BACP
Before training as a therapist my life experience includes 35 years as a media and communications professional.
Some Areas of Work with Clients
Abuse, Addictions, Anger Management, Anxiety, Bereavement & Grief, Depression, Gender Identity, LGBTQ+, Personal Confidence, Personal Development, Post-Traumatic Stress, Relationships, Self Esteem, Self-harm, Stress, Trauma, Work Related Issues, Sexuality and Identity.
Working ONLINE from Kent with clients from across the UK and beyond.
Face to face clients are from Faversham, Canterbury,
Whitstable, Ashford and all surrounding areas
Session fees from £50.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please get in touch
Telephone: 07752 177601